EV Charger Installation in Hobart
Make the Most of Your Electric Vehicle
Owning an electric vehicle is a great way to get around town without concerns about increasing gas prices or waiting to purchase fuel. In addition, it is a mindful way to meet your transportation needs in a prudent and environmentally friendly manner. However, many EV owners quickly discover that the logistics of using a public charging station add stress and hours to their busy day. Fortunately, a home EV charger is ideal for making charging at home easy and safe.
Please call (219) 600-4919 for a free price estimate on a fully warrantied electric vehicle charger installation in Hobart. Cruz Electric and Handy Services, LLC is here to help!
The Benefits of a Home EV Charger Installation
Going green for your automotive needs is a wise choice for your wallet and the planet. You are no longer paying the high and often fluctuating gas prices, and there are no harmful emissions. However, after a few days of routing your driving around public charging stations, you will find that a home charger installation is a necessity.
Once our licensed electricians complete your electric vehicle charger installation, you will enjoy many benefits, including:
- No waiting in line at a public charger
- No worries about the quality of the charging system and its power
- The ability to charge at night while you are sleeping
- A more affordable charging solution than some public chargers
- Increased property value
Honest Evaluations & Cost-Effective Solutions
Family Owned & Operated
Over 17 Years of Experience
A+ Rating by the BBB
Qualified Contractor with NIPSCO
Financing Available Through Wisetack
Typically, the team at Cruz Electric will install one of two EV chargers in most homes, a Level 1 or a Level 2. Understanding the differences between the chargers will help you determine which will best meet your needs.
- Level 1 – Most new electric vehicles are sold with a Level 1 charger included. These chargers plug into a standard 110-volt outlet. However, it is vital to understand that the charger should only be operated on a dedicated 100-volt outlet to avoid potentially damaging power surges, spikes, and fluctuation. In addition, these units will require hours to charge your EV batteries fully.
- Level 2 – A Level 2 charger requires a 240-volt outlet, much like a clothes dryer. This outlet should also be on a dedicated circuit for added safety. The significant benefit of the Level 2 charger is faster charging. A Level 2 will add 20 to 30 miles of range per hour of charging time, which is exponentially faster than a Level 1 charger. But these units are more expensive than a Level 1 charger.
“Cruz Electric was phenomenal. Their fast response time was greatly appreciated.”
The licensed electricians at Cruz Electric and Handy Services, LLC are happy to help you select the ideal EV charger for your new vehicle. In addition, we provide a free price estimate for our installation that we back with a full warranty. Should you ever have any concerns or issues with the unit, we offer complete EV charger service in Hobart.
Call us at (219) 600-4919 or fill out our online contact form today to speak to a member of our team!